Monday, April 26, 2010

Audio Slideshow of Catherine Delaney: "Pile: Give or Take"



These images were taken with a humble Canon Powershot. Deliberately grainy. Aesthetically grainy. It's in keeping with the "Art Povera" theme of the exhibition, right? I love listening to Cathy sharing her thoughts and musings on her recent exhibition and her life-long relation to cloth and all its metaphors. She also threw around some names like Anya Gallacio, Christian Boltanski, and even Mary Kelly. We had quite a jaunt out to Bluebell to Liberties Recycling Centre where we were given a great welcome by the lovely people there. That's where Cathy sourced some of the clothes for her recent exhibition at Solstice Arts Centre. A big thank-you to all at Liberties for being so welcoming. And to Cathy who kindly got out of her sickbed to do this project with me (ooh I feel bad! she said I was a true documentary maker, as I took her by the chemist to get some solpadene en route to the M50...) - thanks Cathy. Just press play (above, left). Woop - my first audio slideshow! It's also up on youtube if you'd like to see a bigger version.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I only have sad thoughts to think after listening to this one, and prefer not to share them just now. The audio slideshow is a really great idea, however! Keep 'em coming... M

FmR said...

.
.
.