Monday, November 16, 2009

David McWilliams & Contemporary Dance? Yes, Actually.

An unlikely combination, but here they are, side by side, in a paper I gave at Dance Research Forum Ireland's 1st International Conference at University of Limerick in June 2006 entitled "Freeing the Body, Freeing the Nation". So much has changed in Ireland since then, that it's high time for a follow-up paper on "the body" of our new negative equity nation... Believe it or not I first set eyes on this publication last Friday, November 13th (lucky for some!), at the launch of DRFI's 2nd International Conference Proceedings in the swish new Millstream Common Room at University of Limerick, by Davide Terlingo. Well - better late than never! Click twice on the pages to enlarge them, (please bear with me while I figure out how to master the layout issue) and join me in mulling over what the sequel to this paper would be...






No comments: