Monday, July 5, 2010

Ogoki: Call of the Wild. Part One. Audio & Visual. Separate.

But anyway, after ALL THAT (& I thought it would take about half an hour in all), I thought I might be able to upload the slideshow from my desktop. But alas it was not to be. No matter how many times I achieve these technical feats, I completely forget how to do it again by the time I go back to emulate my former glory. Beginner's mind? Methinks I suffer from a severe form of technical amnesia...

The podcast of this late 2008 BCI-funded radio documentary vanished out of the ether, so I have decided to launch it out into the virtual world again myself, in ten small episodes of about four minutes each, but this time as audio-slideshows. Why not give this story immortality, if modern technology will allow me to? Here is the blurb, just one more time, in case you are seeing, and hearing it, for the first time:

OGOKI: CALL OF THE WILD

An isolated Indian reservation in Northern Ontario, Canada is the setting for “Ogoki - Call of the Wild”. It was here in the 1970s and 80’s that the Mulrooney Family, from Limerick lived for seven years. Over two decades later Deirdre and her mother Mary return to the reservation and hear the Ojibway Indians share their shocking and moving history.

This BCI-funded radio documentary was broadcast on Newstalk on December 20th, 21st, and 25th, 2008.

Ten more micro-episodes to follow! (It's 45 minutes in all). Hope you enjoy it, and learn something you didn't know before. I sure did. (& that completely separate from all the techie stuff!)

No comments: